Top five event tips from Chef Ambassador, Christina Batista
March 12, 2015
I hope you are as excited as I am for A Taste of Harmony next week! To help you put the finishing touches on your event, I have put together these top five tips to make your A Taste of Harmony celebrations the best they can be!
1. Send a friendly reminder. There’s nothing worse than someone forgetting to bring in their dish for the event. To avoid the drama, send out a friendly reminder before your event.
2. Get inspired. We have a whole host of recipes available on the A Taste of Harmony website. Browse through them and see if there is anything you would like to recreate. Or why not pick two dishes to fuse together and create something completely different?
3. Celebrate in style. We have a range of online promotional tools for you to use on the A Taste of Harmony Event Hub. To spice up your event, you can download an array of printable items such as bunting flags, posters, dish cards and lots more! We also have a great range of event ideas to keep the day’s celebrations fun and interesting. Why not ask your workmates to dress up in the colours of their national flag, organise a national anthems quiz or challenge the boss to a cook off? You can find more ideas on our website. You might also like to check in to our Participation Board and log your event in live time!
4. Break the ice. Conversations about our cultural backgrounds are at the heart of A Taste of Harmony, so I suggest kicking off the event with some icebreakers such as:
- Where is your dish from and why is it important to you?
- Are there any special recipes passed down through your family?
- What is the most exotic dish you’ve ever eaten?
- Who can trace their ancestry back to the most countries?
I hope you have a great time planning and celebrating your A Taste of Harmony!
Yours in good taste,