Chilli Sambuca Prawns
Author David Hart
Tail on prawns sauteed in butter, garlic, chilli. Flambe with Sambuca, dressed with ground espresso beans. Served with fresh bread.
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tblsp garlic - finely chopped
1 tblsp fresh chilli - finely chopped
16 Prawns, with head removed, deveined
- Remove prawn heads, peel, leaving tail intact.
- Heat a large skillet over medium – high heat.
- Add unsalted butter and allow to heat. Add extra virgin olive oil.
- When medium-hot, add freshly chopped garlic and chili and cook to develop flavour (1 – 2 minutes).
- Add prawns and cook until pink. Add sambuca and flame.
- Shake pan (with care) until flame dies out. Add freshly ground espresso.
- Serve immediately with fresh bread to mop up the juices. Serves 4.